What is PRP therapy and where is it used?
PRP is an abbreviation for Platelet Rich Plasma. Platelets, contain growthv cause growth of the hair follicles by stimulating the stem cells and other cells in the microenvironment of the hair follicle. These special Platelet cells promote healing, accelerates the rate and degree of tissue healing and regeneration, response to injury, and formation of new cellular growth. The primary purpose of using PRP in hair restoration is to stimulate inactive or newly implanted hair follicles into an active growth phase. Inside the Platelets are many intracellular structures such as glycogen, lysosomes and alpha granules. These granules within the PRP contain clotting and growth factors that are eventually released during the healing and repair process.It can be used for the treatment of hairloss and for the face as anti-aging treatment and facial rejuvenation.
What is the procedure?
Your blood is drawn, fed into a sealed test tube, centrifuged and the separated plasma is mixed with actives. This is then injected into the layers of your skin on your face, body or scalp.
How does the treatment work?
- Skin hydration
- Soft and nourished skin
- Reduction in fine lines
- Improved collagen
- Restoration of youthful skin
- Reduction of under eye fine lines and darkness
- Hair fall reduction
- Healthier individual strands of hair
- Regrowth of hair on the scalp when combined with appropriate medicines .
What post treatment care is required?
- PRP for hair involves tiny injections all over which create multiple small injuries to the scalp and skin, so please treat it as such .
- Do not take a shower or get undertake any activity that might cause you to perspire for at least 8 hours after the treatment.
- Do not sunbathe for at least 2 days after the treatment.
- Do not undergo any other hair treatment or skin treatment for a week after a meso or PRP hair treatment.
- Avoid washing your hair or applying any type of hair product for at least 12 hours after the treatment.